Saturday, August 29, 2009

School Shopping Continued

So today I finally finished school shopping with Nature Girl. There was hardly any school supplies left. But, that was OK because we hardly needed any to begin with. She got a notebook, binder and folder all with puppies on them. Some pencils and she opted for crayons over colored pencils. And I think that was about it. Then the fun began, looking for a back-to-school outfit. Each girl gets one. And it is fun to see how different their taste is. Little Mama is girlie girl, ties and flowers and poofiness and skirts and skorts and dresses. Nature Girl is more preppy. Pants, shorts, T-shirts and anything with puppy dogs.

When I took Little Mama she got a flowery, sleeveless shirt with a tie in the back and a flowery dress, both in fall colors (we couldn't find any skorts or shorts.) Because she didn't tease for more, she got an extra pretty blue shirt that matches one of her skirt's. Today, Nature Girl got green and blue plaid bermudas and a matching navy T-shirt with a green bow printed on it.

I don't really like to shop. But, when I am out shopping I feel like I need to buy everything on my mental list of needs because I don't know when I will get out again. One of the stores had a stuff and save so I started buying fall clothes. Every time I do that I regret it because the sizes aren't right or I find something better later. Or I just end up buying too much because I start buying before we need anything. I was restrained today. I am learning.

Hopefully Monday I will post a first day of school picture on the fourth day of school . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think it's so special that you take each girl, and let her pick out her own things. I think that's important.