Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Good Times

Yesterday was a fun day for all. Daddy decided to take the big kids to the movies at the spur of the moment. Of course, they were very excited. They went and saw Night at the Museum 2. I wanted to go but none of the times were really good for EG. And as much as I want to I can't seem to justify paying for a ticket for me when I just have to get up and walk out because of a fussy baby. Boop's first movie was Cars when he was EG's age. I brought him in the stroller and ended up leaving before the movie even got going. We ended up walking around the mall. This theater was kind of a stand alone so I didn't feel like walking around in 100 degree weather. Anyway, the kids had a blast and were surprised by unexpected treat.

When they got back it was Little Mama's turn to go school shopping. I don't get a chance really to hang out with each kid individually. So, I made it a point this year to take each kid by themselves school shopping. Really for homeschooling we really don't need much. I let each child get a notebook and folder, pencils, crayons, erasers and one school outfit. Another benefit for homeschooling. New clothes are optional. A special buy this year is a prayer journal. Which hopefully is going to be a part of our new school time routine. I took Little Mama down the notebook and journal aisle and she could pick out what she wanted. I told her it probably needed to be small and special because it would be something she would take to church with her and use everyday. She picked a pretty purple composition book. Her folder and notebook were matching dolphin prints. This year she got to pick out her binders for her Nature Notebook, American History Notebook and her Timeline Notebook. She will use each of these for the next few years. We ended up having to take EG (which Little Mama said was OK). Otherwise we would have had to postpone. Little Mama said Nature Girl could go too. But I explained to her that this was the one time she could be selfish. And NG didn't really have to go unless she really wanted her to. She told me in a low voice that she didn't really want NG to go. I know that was hard for her and I told her this time it was really OK. I also let her know that NG wouldn't let her go when it was NG's time :) We don't do many things separately so I figured it was all OK.

Then to finish off the day the girls had a friend spend the night. We have know this young girl since she was EG's age. So the girls have known her basically all their lives. It is the first time she has spent the night and everything was wonderful. She is a great kid and I didn't even know she was here! Those are the best kind - ha, ha! She had dinner with us and went for a very short walk. They played, got washed up and had a camp out in the living room. The watched a movie until 10:30 and laughed and giggled until almost 11. Either they fell asleep first or I did. Amazingly enough they were up at 6:45AM.

Of course, my plan was to get up at 6 which I failed once again. It is so hard when the house is dark and quiet. So, excited to see what today will bring . . .

1 comment: