Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ya Gotta Have Friends

I don't have tons of friends. But the friends I do have are the best in the world! They would do anything for me and I would do anything for them! One such blessed friend and her three boys came to spend the night with us last night on her way to visit her sister-in-law. We kicked the kids outside and my wonderful hubby took care of dinner and my friend and I were able to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk. She is the friend who introduced me to a more healthy and natural way of eating. She is my wheat milling mentor. I also love my friend because once the initial chitchat and catch up are over with we carry on about really weighty topics. Marriage, parenting, schooling, religion, politics. I don't think in the course of our friendship there has been an important topic we haven't discussed. She has told me on occasion that she misses our "conversations." I will be honest, we don't always agree with each other but we have found out that we can agree to disagree. And after our lengthy conversations (last night's was until 1AM) both our eyes have usually been opened to things we didn't see before.

Because she has moved away, our conversations are few and far between. And then can only happen on the phone. Which any one with young children knows, is next to impossible. And too much gets lost in translation through email. Thankfully, she has to drive right passed us on her way to her sister-in-law's house. Which she visits at least twice a year. She will be back to see us next week on her way back home. What will we have to talk about then? I can't wait to find out . . .

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow 1am..glad you have her to talk to :) That must have been some good sharing!

Ann said...

Me and 1 AM almost unheard of. Especially in my 40s - ha, ha!!