Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Schedule

So, the great idea I had to get up at 4:55AM to exercise lasted a whole day :( I climbed right back into bed and didn't accomplish anything else I set out to do. As the days wore on and I didn't get up and didn't get up I decided I needed to make a new plan. Part of my intentions of getting up early were to have personal quiet time to read my Bible, pray, and strengthen my relationship with Christ (and read the many parenting and marriage books I have acquired.) Oh, and also shower. Well, if I exercised at 5AM and just came back and crawled into bed until the kids woke up, I was only accomplishing one thing. Granted, exercise is very important and I do want to do it, someday. But, at this juncture in my life I am just not going to be able to accomplish all the things I set out to do. So, the priority had to be my relationship with Christ.

Now my morning looks something like this: 6:15AM get up, shower, 6:45AM read my book, 7:00AM quiet time, 7:15 quiet time with Katie, 7:30 the day begins. I have managed to do it four days in a row. Three more days and I will have made a new habit!! I still am not sure how I will fit in any exercise. Although I am sure with the weather getting cooler, I will be able to walk at night with the kids. I figure something is better than nothing . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Something's gotta give, right?

Your new schedule sounds peaceful.