Saturday, June 27, 2009

Frustrating Friday

My Friday started out like any other day. We are right in the middle of redoing our guest bathroom. So, currently it has nothing on the walls, no paint or paper. And the floor is cement. So first thing in the morning we met daddy at a tile place to find a tile we could both agree on. (Thankfully daddy is working in our area of town.) After about 45 minutes of looking we found one that we both liked. We checked out a sample and brought it home. We decided it would look great in our bathroom. Yea! We were on our way to completing the latest of our home improvements! After lunch we then met daddy at Home Depot to pick out paint to match the tile. After about 10 minutes of comparing and discussing we were able to agree on a paint color. We were on a roll!! That was about 2PM. I left Home Depot and was going to go order the tile and the kids and I would get the paint in the morning. I was sooo excited. (I think you are suppose to have tile and paint picked out before you tear up your bathroom.)

Anyway, there is a road from the paint store to the tile place and it is 55mph. It drops down to 35mph in a matter of a block or two. If you aren't paying attention and you don't travel the road very often, it is easy to speed along the residential part of the street. We take that road all the time. I know how quickly the speed drops. Plus, the kids are always asking me "Mommy, are you speeding?" So I really do try to watch my speed. I am sure you all know where I am going with this. I check my rear view mirror and darn it if I didn't see a TPD car with its lights flashing. C***!!!!! I pulled off to the side of the road. (Hoping he wasn't following me.) I really wasn't sure why he had pulled me over. I was certain I was slowing down. I know the road. Little Mama started to cry. I assured her there was nothing to worry about. The officer came up and asked if I knew why he had stopped me. I told him honestly that I wasn't sure. He said it drops from 55 to 40 then to 35. Apparently I was going 50 in the 40. I said "Geez, give a girl a break." (With a big cheesy grin.) "I know I needed to slow down." I was trying to be respectful. Of course, I had to call daddy and because he was in the area he was on his way. When the officer came back he told me I didn't have my license sticker on my car, I was going 50 in a 40 AND my license was expired more than 4 months which was a criminal and arrestable offense. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? You are going to arrest me with my 4 kids in the car?? I told him who my hubby was and that he was on his way. By the time the officer was through explaining everything to me hubby had shown up and they started to chitchat. He ended up cutting me some slack. I needed to right then get my license taken care of, show proof of it to DSMV and to slow down. Daddy followed me home because now that I knew my license was invalid, if I got stopped again it would definately be a criminal charge!

Coco was going to babysit for the kids. Mickey was going to drive me to the DSMV. But before all that happened I was going to order the tile. When I called to do that the price was twice as much as hubby had expected. Oh boy was I bummed. Not only could I not drive anywhere but now we had to start all over on the tile and paint hunt!! I don't know which one frustrated me the most. One problem at a time. First the license. We got to the DSMV. I had waited maybe a minute then they called my number. Yea!! One last hurdle, please, please don't take my picture. So as I was going through the questions the lady says "Please step over there for an eye test and to get your picture taken." I begged her "Please no!!" "Can't I keep the picture I have." "Yes, if you had done it on line." Ugh!!! My picture on my old license was from 12 years ago. Right after I got married. I looked GREAT!! Blonde, long, curly hair and a tan. Makeup on (including lipstick) and a nice suit. I was smiling and looked fresh and healthy and rested. Yesterday, I hadn't even showered yet. My hair was greasy and in a pony tail. Not a stitch of makeup on. I didn't even have my purse to put on chapstick. I had a black T-shirt on. Pasty white and black circles under my eyes. The end result looked like a mug shot!!! So, so embarrassing. I think I would have rather paid a huge fine. Just kidding, sort of!

Chuckle for the day: "Due to the economy, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily turned off." Don't think I got it exactly right. Don't know who wrote it but you get the general idea. To be continued . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

My turn to LMAO at you :)

I am so with you on the license-picture thing. I was pregnant with Luke, months overdue for a highlight, sweating hot. Nice.

Also, where you have to sign your name for you license? It's on that electronic pad like they have at stores and it doesn't always make the letters look right? Well, for some reason it didn't click with me that the signature would be on my license so I just sort of made a big scribble to get it over with. And, yeah, it's illegible, looks like a child drew on my license :)

Diane Moody said...

Oh my goodness, what a day you had! LOVE the quote about the light at the end of the tunnel! Says it all, doesn't it?