Friday, June 12, 2009

Toddler Time

One of the bonuses of swimming lessons is that on Tuesdays and Thursdays they have Toddler Time at the activity pool. And it is free if you are taking lessons. It is always one of the first questions the kids ask me when we get to the pool for lessons. "Can we go to the activity pool?" This year I didn't answer right away. We had lessons for 2 weeks so I had a little time to figure out if we were going to go. The first week came and went. The second and last week started and I had to make a decision. In the past daddy has always had one of those Tuesdays or Thursday off but not anymore. I remember the first time I took the girls. Little Mama was a baby. Well, maybe a toddler. I was by myself and I was putting sunscreen on them. I got it in Little Mama's eyes and she cried and cried. She was inconsolable. We had to leave. So the thought of taking all four by myself was just more than my little brain could handle. But, the flip side of that was telling the kids "no." And I didn't really want to tell them "no." In all honesty that just wasn't going to happen. So yesterday, after swimming lessons, we went to the toddler pool. And I had help. My nephew graciously said he would come with us. Yea, an extra pair of eyes! I had wanted to take pictures, but, I was just thankful to get sunscreen on etc. They kids had a big time. It really is a neat little pool. Even EG and I got in. She seemed to like it. About 15 minutes into our swim she fell asleep. Who could blame her. The sound of the rushing water would have put me to sleep. The big kids played on the slide and mushroom. They practiced their swim strokes and bobs. We stayed for over an hour. I am glad we took the plunge . . . :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

You are so brave! Glad it all went well.

Kathryn said...

We want to go sometime soon. Next week won't work b/c of petite players camp but the week after that maybe we could all go!