Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Horse Camp Update

So all went well yesterday. Of course, Nature Girl had a fabulous time. They groomed the horses and did a little riding. NG's horse's name was Tator Tot. She thought that was interesting and so did I. They put orange caution cones down and the got to ride around them. Some of the kids were learning to jump and, of course, she wanted to. I had to explain that she needed to ride a little longer and a little better. NG said they had the kids broken up into two groups. While one group was learning to groom and ride the other group was doing a craft. Then they switched. All the kids got back together again for a little TV, lunch and swimming. NG said the whole six hours felt like one. I told her that is what happens when you are having fun. Of course, she met a friend. (I knew she would. She finds a "best" friend where ever she goes.) I tried to get the girl's name from her but either she had a very unique name or I just didn't understand. My money is on the latter. I kind of felt bad because she wanted to talk all about it when she got home and we tried for a little bit. But then life got in the way. So, to remedy that, I took just her this morning and asked all kinds of questions and just let her talk. And then we prayed together thanking God for giving Ms. Leslie the heart to teach kids and for every one's safety. It is hard to give everyone the individual time they need most times :(

So, when we pulled in today we were one of the first people there. There was one other family and no teacher type people there yet. I asked NG if she just wanted to sit in the car and wait for a teacher or more kids. She said "no" that she wanted to get out. She really has no reservations about new/different things. So not like her mama. When I had the mental energy I would totally stress about stuff like that. Where I was going, who I knew, what we would be doing etc., etc., etc. I am glad she is not like that. Sure she is a little hesitant but she doesn't let it get the best of her. She is also so honest. She told me that one of the teacher's had to ask her to stay close to the group. She said she didn't go very far and just wanted to see the horses, take a look around. But, I explained how important it was to listen and obey. Horses are dangerous and the teachers are responsible for her. She seemed to understand. It is good for her to be away from me for a little bit. For me and for her . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Todd's Dad has horses and lets the grandkids name the new ones, thus there are horses named Hot Dog, Pokemon, Dora (the Explorer) and Little George (a girl).
Tater Tot would fit right in.