Monday, June 22, 2009

Me Time

Thankfully I am not one that needs a lot of me time. Don't get me wrong, I love it and would like to have more of it but I don't worry about it if I don't get it. I think with that attitude, when I do get it I am especially thankful. And it happened this past Saturday and boy was it great!! My sister came in the morning to watch the kids so I could use a gift certificate I got for Christmas from my dad. I was able to get a massage, a facial and a pedicure. The massage was awesome. As I lay there, I was trying to think of what I needed to think about. There really wasn't any thing pressing that I needed to sort out so I decided to pray for my family. Of course, by the time I finally relaxed and my mind was empty the massage was over. Note to self, get a full hour massage next time. Then I got a facial. The smells of the lotions and oils she used were wonderful. I think that was the best part. Lastly, I got my feet done. That is truly the way to my heart! Plus, as an added bonus I met a really, really nice young lady (she was the one doing my feet.) She knew from the age of like 15 she wanted to do pedicures. Now she is late teens, early twenties. She is trying to finish up her two year degree. She wants to be a family therapist and she just enlisted in the Navy! I loved talking with her.

When I got home my sister was planning on taking the bigger kids for the afternoon. So it was just me and EG. I suppose I could have cleaned, did school stuff etc., etc., etc. But instead I chose to finish "Babbit." What a great book! Anyway, daddy had been out of town over night and if they were going to make it back Sissy and Mickey were going to babysit so we could go out. By 5 o'clock my peaceful house was filled to the gills with people and the best part was daddy and I got to go to a movie. Don't think we have done that in almost a year!

I don't expect me time. It isn't part of my job description. But, boy when I get it, I sure do love it . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds lovely and relaxing and wonderful!

Diane Moody said...

Good for you! Sounds heavenly! That's so funny that your pedicurist knew from early on she wanted to do feet. THAT'S something you don't hear every day! What movie did you go see? Congrats on a fun day!

Ann said...

We saw The Taking of Pelham 123. It was good but the cussing was pretty bad. My MIL said it was a remake of a 1974 movie with Walter Matthau. I am going to rent that one ;)