Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Whoda Thunk

As we get ready to leave the house for the sixth day of swimming lessons at 8:30, it has become abundantly clear how things have changed for me in the last year or so. This is a totally superficial post. There was a time when I would never have dreamed about leaving the house without make-up much less a shower, the kids hair not brushed etc. But as we get ready to walk out the door this morning, I am thankful that I have semi-clean clothes on and my teeth are brushed. When I was pregnant with Boop and even Little Mama I am pretty sure I wore lipstick. Such a stretch from what I see in the mirror this morning. The only thing I care about this morning is that everyone is fed and that I have had my coffee. My priorities have definitely changed. At least temporarily . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm the exact same way. With every baby I had to tow along with me, more of my beauty routine fell by the wayside. Now there are four babies and no time for beauty at all.