Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Horse Camp Continued

She lays her clothes out the night before! Cracks me up. Granted she has to get up at 7 and we are out the door by 7:40 so there isn't a lot of wiggle room for tracking things down etc. And most everyone is still sleeping while she is eating breakfast and I am drinking my coffee. I have a new found respect for those who have to get out the door first thing in the AM. I just don't think I could do it. It is way too stressful for me. But anyway, back to NG and horse camp. Yesterday she rode Dakota (nicknamed Bob). I guess that is a big deal - who you ride. Last night she was playing a game with the other kids - Who am I going to ride today?? One horse's name is Yuck, then there is a Princess and a Montana.

Yesterday they learned about whips. Interesting piece of equipment. I had one for working with Shorty in the round pen. I never did quite get what the kids learned about it. Except maybe that it makes a lot of noise and it hurts if you are not careful. They got to ride and groom the horses again. Poor Nature Girl has callouses on her hands and feet. And her booty hurts a little. She doesn't understand why that is. I have explained that when you use your body in ways that it isn't use to muscles ache etc. She doesn't like that very much. Can't say as I blame her!

Another thing she is learning is the difference between English riding and Western. I ride Western and the two times she has gone she has rode Western. Right now she is learning Western. She just asked me, "The girls who wear the things on their legs are they English?" "Yes." NG has jeans on "We wear these?" "Yes." "Those girls things are ugly." "It isn't about how you look." Did I ever mention the reason she didn't like T-ball was because of the pants? Well, we are off for day three. Hope every one's day is as adventurous as hers will be . . .

No comments: