Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Over

Well, the last day of camp was a success. I dropped NG off first thing in the morning. They had lots of activities planned for the day. One of which was a trip to a miniature horse farm. We went last year with our homeschool group and from what I can remember it was pretty cool. NG enjoyed it again this time. One of the miniatures pulled a cart with some of the kids in it. That was a big hit! Back at the ranch, they got to paint and decorate the horses they had been riding and grooming all week! I think they put crowns on them and gave the horses polka dots :)

The kids all ended up with nicknames. Nature Girl's was "Giggle Box." If I had a nickle for every time that girl giggled we would be very, very wealthy. Some other names were Lunch Box, U Foul, and one boy had the name Samantha. Of course the did all kinds of crafts: a wooden horse puzzle, a horse wall hanging and a mosaic type stepping stone. NG promises me that Ms. Leslie will send pictures.

Speaking of Ms. Leslie, did I mention that she use to babysit my kids? I think it was a little before and right after Boop was born. The wonderful thing is, she is now married with a baby of her own. Just about EG's age.

Nature Girl would like to continue on with the horse thing and wants to go back to camp next week. That isn't going to happens but I told her if she still has the passion in a couple of months we would talk more about lessons. Heck, I might even take them with her . . .

No comments: