Monday, June 1, 2009

Swimming Lessons






Today is the start of swimming lessons for all the kids except EG. It is Boop's first time! We picked 8:50AM classes to avoid the heat and sun. I have to admit at 7 this morning I was kind of wishing we had picked a later time! We got there with a minute to spare. It is a big class this year and the pool sure was busy for that time of morning. The director called all the kids names and Little Mama and Nature Girl were eager to get started. The conversation in the back of the van on the way over was how cold the water was going to be and why didn't they heat the pool. I explained when it is 90 degrees outside nobody wants to jump into a 90 degree pool. I assured them once they started swimming around they would get warm. Boop was a little apprehensive to go with his class. He wrapped his legs around me like a monkey. Honestly I don't think he has ever done that before and I wasn't expecting it. Thankfully he and his coach shared the same name so that was a great ice breaker for Boop! He eventually warmed up to the idea of swimming lessons and by the end of class had a smile on his face. The girls took like fish to the water. They both have improved a lot since last year. We get to do this for the next two weeks . . .

No comments: