Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Yeah!!! We have made it through one nap and one night in our big boy bed. Yesterday I decided it was time. The little guy is almost three and he had about 4 inches left in his crib. I didn't want to rush the transition. It was a hard decision. In his crib he can't get out (or at least didn't try.) I would lay him down for a nap and bedtime and he didn't move when he slept. When he woke up he would talk to himself or sing and when I was ready to go get him he would still be laying the exact same way that I put him in the crib. I was scared to death he would figure out his new found freedom in a big bed. The girls were afraid he would go venturing in the night and find his way to their room to torture them :) I said if he did, just come get me. I know better than to get a false sense of security. It is only a matter of time when he figures out he can get out of his bed on his own. I will cross that bridge when we get there. For now I am just taking pleasure in the fact that he "likes playing in his big boy bed" . . . .

No comments: