Sunday, August 24, 2008

Little Mama

My middle child, my baby girl has more of a maternal instinct then I do. No, it is true. She has a baby that she carries around constantly. Her name is Sarah. She gets her diaper changed, fed and PJs put on before bed. I am not sure I knew how to do any of those things by the time I had my first child. I didn't teach her anything she just does it. She will walk around with that baby on her hip talking to her, comforting her when the baby is fussy. Little Mama would love to baby her baby brother but at almost 3 he wants nothing to do with that. She pats my tummy and asks about Baby C. She wants to know what her responsibilities will be when the baby is born. I am very excited that she is showing an interest. I praise her for it and always tell her she is going to be such a wonderful mother when God blesses her with children. I want to encourage that because in self evaluation I am so lacking in that area. It didn't and still doesn't come quite so naturally for me. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother. I believe with all my heart and soul it is what God created me to be, I just have to work at it and pray about it a little harder then some. . . .

No comments: