Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Story of Boop

My almost 3 year old son is unique. Well, at least to me anyway. Having had the girls first a boy has been a surprise in so many different ways! I still can remember when we had our 20 week ultrasound done. The two girls, my husband and my mom were all there. My husband thought for sure it was another girl. He was destine to be in a house full of women (the dog is female as well). My mom swears that when the doc said it was a boy my hubby's face turned white, white, white! He was soooo surprised!! When Boop was about 18 mos he was sitting in his highchair eating his dinner. He wanted a cookie or to get down or something. I told him in order to get whatever it was he wanted he had to clean his clean - meaning eat all of his dinner. He preceded to pick up his plate, dump all the food off of it and wipe it clean with his napkin. He had cleaned his plate!! Needless to say he got whatever it was he wanted. He loves the garbage man. On garbage day he can hear the trucks going around the neighborhood. When the rumble starts coming down our cul-de-sac he gets so excited. I open up our garage door and he runs into the driveway and watches the garbage man so intently. When the garbage man is done he honks his horn and Boop waves. I am teaching Boop to say "thank you" as well. I figure those guys need all the encouragement they can get. All I can say is boys are so excitingly different . . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

I dearly love the differences between boys and girls...I'm so glad I have some of each to compare. What do you think about Baby C.... did you feel differently when you carried your girls v. your Boop?

Ann said...

I think Baby C is a boy because of a couple of physical things that have been noticably different. But, I truly know that there are no guarantees. How about you?? Did you know Leah was a girl and Luke was a boy??

Katie said...

I was so surprised Leah was a girl, but in hindsight, there were some differences in the pregnancy. Those same things (a lighter weight gain, how I was carrying)convinced me for quite a while that Luke would be a girl too. And I think I was sort of hoping for a girl... I liked the idea of 2 boys, 2 girls. I always say Luke was the best surprise, I just didn't think about a boy as much as I thought about a girl. I'm so glad that I'm not the one who gets to pick if I get boys or girls because I would've messed it all up.