Monday, August 4, 2008

Blog Beginnings

My original blog name was going to be Humble Housewife not because I am one but because I want to strive for that everyday (Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies.") But that name was already taken, so I settled for Life on Tara. (One of my all time favorite books is Gone With the Wind.) My reasons for the blog are three fold I guess: 1) Writing is therapeutic for me. I find if I can write down my thoughts, feelings, and ideas I am better able to deal with them - sift through to get to what's really important. 2) My intent is to share just about everything I have the time to write down. Sometimes it will be funny and sometimes it might not :) Why include both?? Because that is the way my life really is - sometimes funny and sometimes not - ha, ha :) and 3) I want my childrens' stories written down someplace. If you would have told me 10 years ago I would be a stay at home homeschooling mother of 3 with one on the way I would have told you you were cracked. I give God all the glory for putting me on this path. It was definitely not me. I am excited about growing and changing into what God ultimately wants me to be. And it is all being accomplished through my husband, my children, my family! Thanks for sharing the journey with me. . . .

1 comment:

terri said...

I am honored to be your very first comment-leaver! I don't read many blogs - I don't understand how folks have that much time to sit and read - but yours will definitely be one that I check out frequently. :)
God bless you on your journey - thanks for sharing part of it with me!