Monday, August 25, 2008

Confessions

I am an impatient and sometimes very easily upsetable (I know not a word ;) mom. There, those are my confessions for a rainy Monday morning. Yesterday in church our pastor talked about hypocrisy in our walk with Christ. Some of the "problems" we have as Christians can be related to our "do as I say not as I do" attitude and our inability to love as Christ has loved. If I was to be so bold as to say there may be a draw back to homeschooling it is my children's opportunity to see my short comings day in and day out. Now, I do believe that schooled kids get to see their parents shortcomings on a regular basis as well but maybe not as consistently. In my heart of hearts I believe God allows this to grow me and my children, my family in a closer relationship to Him. I am not perfect. Ultimately it doesn't have anything to do with me. God is in control - He is the comforter, the encourager, the guider, the rule maker, the ultimate disciplinarian and the ultimate lover of all of His children. That doesn't relieve me of the responsibilities that God gave me to His gift of children. I ask Him for guidance and relief from things that I do that I know are not godly. I get frustrated when my prayers are not answered on my terms. Yesterday, the pastor gave an admonishment and encouragement. We need to DAILY come HUMBLY before God and confess our sins, ask for forgiveness and ask for guidance. Then we need to listen and obey. I am good at the first three parts when things get rough. Not so good on the listening, obeying and the daily part . . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

You have always come across as a loving mother and a follower of Christ. I think that impatience goes hand in hand with motherhood. When I pray for patience I am really wishing for a fell-swoop kind of cure, but I know what I'll be getting is plenty more situations to practice being a patient person. Thank you, as always, for sharing your faith. You teach me a lot.