Friday, August 22, 2008

Hurricanes and things

As an earlier post mentioned, I am not good on rainy days. I will admit because we are sort of in the beginnings of Tropical Storm Faye it gives us a little diversion. We can watch the gusts of wind outside and monitor both weather channels to see what is going on and what to expect. Because of where we live tropical storms and hurricanes are a threat but not like if we lived on the coast. So, sometimes it is hard to take them seriously. Prepare, prepare, prepare - we don't and haven't yet. With three smaller kids, a dog and a husband who if a severe storm or hurricane did come would have to leave us to go help others we should be overly prepared - you know have a plan. Cans of food, bottles of water and tubs filled to the rim. But we don't. Unfortunately my hubby thinks a lot like I do. When he was at the grocery store Wednesday (yes, he goes to the grocery store) he thought about provisions. He came home with two cans of ravioli. More than I came home with so I can't complain. All that to say, we are meeting friends for lunch today. Bring on the wind and rain . . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I'm watching the Weather Channel and I see Faye is in your neighborhood.... I'm thinking about you guys.