Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nature Girl

One of my favorite stories about Nature Girl happened when she was about 2 1/2. We had a newborn/infant in the house and I was tired and worn out from lack of sleep etc. At the time, the girls had separate bedrooms. I had put Little Mama down for the night and had just done Nature Girl's nightly routine. Nature Girl still slept in a crib. (Big fan of cribs until they out grow them or become unsafe :) Anyway, each night NG slept with the same 3 or 4 stuffed animals. She was tucked in her crib with her animals all around her, we would do our thing and then shut the door. One morning when I went into her room to get her out of her crib there were a dozen animals in her crib. At least twice as many as what she usually slept with. At the time, I wrote it off as sleep deprivation on my part and didn't think anything more about it. Well, it happened the next couple of nights. I was truly puzzled!!! So one night my hubby and I decided to leave the door part way open after our nightly routine. About a half hour later I peeked into Nature Girl's room. Here she was like a little elf scampering around the room collecting stuffed animals and then crawling back into her crib. I wished I would have gotten it on video. It was the cutest sight I have ever seen. I was relieved because I was seriously doubting my sanity!! Needless to say Nature Girl got a big girl bed a couple of days later . . .

No comments: