Thursday, August 7, 2008

Playdates

I love it when a plan comes together. Today is the day of a much anticipated playdate. This particular family has two daughters the exact same age as my two daughters. They have taken ballet together for the last couple of years and have the same interests such as the American Girls. We are going to have a tea with cupcakes. My girls don't know it yet! Cupcakes in the middle of the day - almost unheard of in our house. This is a very special event for them. They are cleaning their room and the living room without any prompting from me! I am in a t-shirt and gym shorts. My oldest asked me if I was going to change before they got here :) Yes, I am going to change. The only downside of this little get together is the knowledge that my little guy has of no boy for him to play with. As I was putting him down for a nap yesterday he said "Does Ms. ------- have a baby boy?" I had to tell him "no" but that he could play with me and Ms. ------. That seemed to satisfy him for the moment. We shall see. I kind of hope baby number four is a boy . . . . .

1 comment:

Janet said...

You go girl! I love your blog. I have one too-- the girls and I do, but I don't have time to keep it up. I love reading this. It makes me feel more in touch with your life. I will try to do better. It is a great way to remember what the kids are doing!
Have a wonderful tea party!
Janet