Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Labor Stories

and why I think they are important. . . . It has come to my attention after birthing three children that the type of labor and deliveries I have had have proven to be indicators of each child's personality. Nature Girl for instance was a month early. For a first time mom the whole thing was a little dramatic. She was ready to come out weeks before then and by the grace of God held out as long as she could. After about 30 minutes of pushing she was here. She is an ask forgiveness rather than permission kind of gal. If there is something she wants she goes to whatever length necessary to make it happen. When she is ready to do something nothing stands in her way. She is all about her time frame. And "no" or "I can't" aren't words she chooses to understand. I have no doubt that these traits will serve her well in the future.

Little Mama on the other hand didn't want to come out. She was quite content right where she was and after 2 1/2 hours of hard pushing I was settling for her to stay in there as well. She is stuck to me like glue. She loves to be near and to help and to be loved on. The womb was a great place for her ;)

Boop was a breeze. Very laid back delivery. Everything went as expected. No drama. His personality to a tee. He is pretty much everything as expected. Now I do understand he is number three so a lot plays into that as well. But, it has been very interesting for me to see the correlation between labor and delivery and personality traits. Maybe I will do a scientific study when I am finally done with my own labor and delivery stories . . . .

No comments: